Caio Formenti has devoted his legal career to representing individuals hurt by defective medical devices. Caio joined Ben Martin Law Group in 2022 where he primarily focuses on litigation involving pelvic mesh products. Before joining Ben Martin Law Group, Caio spent the first four years of his legal career advocating for individuals injured by defective metal-on-metal hip implants.
Caio graduated magna cum laude from the SMU Dedman School of Law in 2018, where he was admitted to the Order of the Coif and was a member of the SMU Law Review. While in law school, he was also a student attorney and then chief counsel at the SMU Civil Clinic. He graduated from Southern Methodist University in 2015 with a Bachelor of Science. Caio is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
When not practicing law, Caio enjoys spending time with his family, playing soccer, and hiking.
- Southern Methodist University, B.S., 2015
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, J.D. Magna Cum Laude, 2018
- Order of the Coif
- SMU Law Review, Texas Survey Senior Editor
- Chief Counsel at the SMU Civil Clinic, Spring 2018
- Dean’s List, 2016–2018
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Texas and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Dallas Bar Association
- Co-author, Preempting Preemption: Device Cases After Shuker—Parts 1 and 2, Law360 (2018).
- Co-author, Don’t Shoot From the Hip: Navigating Medical Device Mass Torts in Multidistrict Litigation, Martin Harris MDL Conference Seminar (2018).